Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Update from Congressman Blake Farenthold

Update from Blake


Click here to view this email in a browser
Click here to visit my website    


 
tell a friend
email blake

Facebook Twitter YouTube
 

Dear Friends,




Over the past six months, I have had the opportunity to engage in conversations with hundreds of friends and neighbors who offered thoughtful insight and questions about the issues most important to South Texans.  My highest priority as your Representative is to make sure your views and concerns are heard in Washington DC, and I appreciate the opportunity to serve you in Congress.  



This week, I want to invite you to further engage in the legislative process.  Beginning this year, Majority Leader Eric Cantor turned the successful YouCut program over to the Freshman Republicans and charged us to take what we hear at our listening sessions and coffees and turn them into bills. Each week, Americans can go to www.MajorityLeader.gov/YouCut, and vote for one of three spending cut proposals. The winning idea will be introduced on the Floor of the House for a vote.




I have drafted three YouCut proposals, and I urge you to visit the website above to vote for the one you like best.  Washington has a spending problem, and if we are going to get off this path of fiscal destruction, we must continue to make robust cuts and rid the federal government of wasteful and duplicative programs. These YouCut proposals aim to do just that.  I need you to help decide which proposal should make it to the House Floor for a vote. 



I am grateful to serve as your Representative in Congress.  Please continue to share your questions, ideas and concerns with me so that I may best represent you.  If you have not already done so, please visit my website and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, using the links above. I use these resources to keep you up to date about important issues. With your help, we will get our country back on a fiscally responsible path. 




Sincerely,



Congressman Blake Farenthold

Share on:


Washington, DC Office

2110 Rayburn HOB

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-7742
Corpus Christi Office

101 North Shoreline Blvd Suite 300


Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Phone: (361) 884-2222
Brownsville Office

1805 Ruben Torres, Suite B-27

Brownsville, TX 78521

Phone: (956) 544-8800
Notice: If you wish to stop ALL electronic communications from my office, visit this link to opt out permanently from this list. If you have any questions about this Notice or your right to decline future electronic mail from this office, please contact us at United States House of Representatives, 2110 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, D.C. 20515

No comments:

Post a Comment